“We’re excited to offer new routes between these popular west coast cities at a great value for our guests,” said Ben Brookman, vice president, network and pricing at Sun Country Airlines. “With the adventure of Portland, the energy of San Francisco and the warm-weather of Palm Springs, these destinations have something for everyone.”
1. The natural beauty is hard to beat. Nestled along the sparkling Willamette River with majestic Mount Hood in the background, you don’t have to wander far to find a scenic bike path, hiking trail, or a pristine and relaxing garden oasis hidden right downtown.
2. Its foodie game is strong. Portland is a city renowned for artisanal eateries, microbreweries, food carts, and independent coffee shops. Whether you’re looking for some organic farm-to-table fare, forward-thinking recipes, or strangely flavored donuts, you’ll find mouthwatering options on almost every corner.
3. Thirsty? PDX has you covered. The Willamette Valley features ideal grape-growing conditions that produce some of the best Pinot Noir in the world, and if craft beer is more your style, you have more than 30 breweries and counting to choose from.
1. The city’s small and compact layout offers plenty of things to do that are all easily accessible. All in one day, you can ride a cable car, have dim sum in Chinatown, shop along Union Square, and dine at an award-winning restaurant.
2. It’s iconic. From its beautiful parks, the sea lions at Pier 39, crooked Lombard Street, and, of course, the Golden Gate Bridge, there’s no shortage of tourist attractions and photogenic sites for any type of traveler to enjoy.
3. It’s also a food-forward city. San Francisco is one of America’s best restaurant cities with chefs using the freshest local ingredients and flavors from around the world. Oh, and of course the city’s proximity to prime wine country means there’s always a perfect pairing to be found.
1. Need an ideal place to really relax? Palm Springs is it. Made popular as a haven for Hollywood stars including Elvis and Priscilla Presley, Greater Palm Springs is now a hot spot for sun seekers with an average annual temperature of 75 degrees. Whether you’re looking to lay by the pool, get pampered at the spa, or play a leisurely round of golf, the weather is likely to cooperate.
2. It’s great for active travelers too! Hiking is plentiful in this desert area, with vantage points from the Palm Springs Indian Canyon Trails, Joshua Tree National Park, and the Coachella Valley Preserve all within close proximity.
3. Craft breweries are everywhere. In nearly every city in the Greater Palm Springs area, you’ll find a local brewery with plenty of beer ready for sampling. Sip brews at Coachella Valley Brewing Company, Babes Brewery, or La Quinta Brewing Co., just to name a few.
Taylor is part of the Communications Team at Sun Country Airlines. What she loves most? Sun Country’s love of all things Minnesota and the airline’s focus on making everyone – from crew to passengers – feel right at home. If she were hopping on a flight tomorrow, she’d be headed west to Portland or south to Puerto Vallarta.