Sun Country Explorer Jill Emmer of @shineonyoucraydiamond took to Denver for her trip with us. She explored the slopes, art, and food all around the city – and stayed at Magnolia Hotel. If you’re taking a trip to Denver yourself, she covered five reasons why Magnolia should be a hotel of choice:
1) A walkable hotel! Magnolia Hotel is located in the heart of Denver. It is in a historic area that feels safe and has plenty of walk-to places. One day my son and I enjoyed walking through the shopping area, buying a few souvenirs, and then heading over to relax and play at the beautiful Civic Center Park. The park is located in front of the gleaming capitol building. If you head out of the hotel in the other direction, it is a quick walk to Skyline Park. The hotel also has public transportation available right at its doorstep. And many great restaurants are nearby such as Marco’s Coal-Fired Pizzeria and the The Broker Restaurant (for steaks).
2) Great valet! If you decide not to walk everywhere and rent a car instead, the Magnolia Hotel has its own driveway entrance, covered valet area, and access to a parking garage. If you drive in a big city, you know how important that can all be! After a long day on the slopes, I was so grateful to be able to pull into the valet’s driveway, unload all of our gear and enter our hotel with ease.
3) Comfortable rooms. Cozy beds. You never know what you’re going to get when you stay at a hotel. Bad pillows, loud noises, general discomfort. The Magnolia was comfortable in every aspect. Nicely sized rooms, beautiful baths, soft beds with “just right” pillows and the peace and quiet you need.
4) Harry’s Bar. We not only loved Harry’s for the food (I had my favorite meal of the entire trip there: pumpkin ravioli in a brown butter sauce topped with scallops) but also the people. When you are traveling with a six-year-old – there’s a lot of importance in the folks you meet. If you ask Arlo about Denver, he will undoubtedly tell you about the people he met there. And the majority of those people he met at Harry’s. Each server we met went the extra step to make our trip “special.” Our first waiter brought Arlo a Shirley Temple stuffed with cherries before we even spoke with him!
5) Location! We still can’t get over the fact that you can wake up surrounded by skyscrapers and within an hour be skiing down the slopes of some truly substantial mountains. We drove to Loveland Ski Area, Boulder, Estes Park, and Rocky Mountain National Park with ease. We loved that our trip was a combination of city chic and mountain adventures!
I received airfare, hotel accommodations, and a stipend from Sun Country Airlines as compensation for the post, and Sun Country Airlines did not influence my opinion of this experience. All views and opinions expressed in the post are my own and no other compensation was provided.
In our ongoing mission to connect people and make memories that matter, our Sun Country Explorers program engages travelers and their stories. Local influencers and Instagram gurus are jet-setting with us and bringing home travel tidbits, local finds, and stories they’re excited to share with our community.